Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #63 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
Probably not the most consistent band of all time, or at least that'll be pretty hard to put to the test. I had my day of JP worship - British Steel, Point Of Entry and Screaming For Vengeance are some of my all-time favorites. As I've grown older, a lot of their other releases have grown a little bit "meh" on me, but they tend to release solid albums especially with Halford on vocals. Tool in my opinion has released some really great stuff, but they only have four full length albums. Megadeth has a lot of good stuff, Motorhead, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Opeth, Death. I'm even missing one or two!
That's four too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundboardTerrorSquad View Post
You sound like me except you have that opinon about Megadeth and i have mine about Metallica post Black album

Thats a great comeback. Id say they havnt dropped any out of the ordinary trash albums EVER
Incorrect: what about Never Say Die? I find that pretty awful. And then there's (ugh) Born Again ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Whoa.

I just called the funeral home folks to change the inscription on my urn.
From We wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our souls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Maybe it's a bit sentimental, but I just think that... when you can only see how **** everything is, you've sort of given up on everything, and I don't want to go there.
I'm with you MicShaz. World's ****ed up but I'm not going to give in to the general despair and nihilism expressed by some, esp Batty. I'm happy to enjoy the world on my own terms, for what I can get out of it, and what little I can give to it. That may be, and probably is, a simple-minded philosophy, but it's how I live my life, and how I want to. I'd rather be a somewhat blind optimist that a wide-awake and constant pessimist.