Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #65 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I don't think that recognizing the poor state of the world is mutually exclusive to being able to appreciate what's good about it. In fact, I would say that recognizing the bad helps me appreciate the good even more. At the very least we can look at the negative **** and try to figure out how to improve it.
No I fully agree. It would be really stupid to lock yourself in a box and pretend the world outside don't exist. That's not what I'm saying. I recognise there are serious problems in the world, and I do get upset about them, and would do what I can to help, even if all I can do is contribute to charities or sign stupid online petitions. What I mean is I would prefer not to take a Batty approach, viz, the world is ****ed up so don't take any enjoyment from it. He basically appears (though I guess he's trolling/drunk/both) to be trying to explain to MicShaz why he shouldn't enjoy the world, and I don't subscribe to that.