Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #1039 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Chill out, Trollheart.
I'm so chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
lol dat th
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
Oh, **** off Trollheart. You are so needlessly defensive that asking you a question is perceived as threatening. You don't have to take my recommendations, but you offered to, so quit acting like it's some kind of favour to me that you've listened to an album you missed.

You also don't have to like my suggestions, but this is a review thread, so **** me for expecting you to do the bare minimum and give me two sentences about what you disliked so I can offer you better recs in future months or different threads.

This is a forum, not a soap box. You might have started the thread, but you don't own it, and it's open to commentary and suggestions. If you don't like that, go start a blog.
Bolded: no it isn't. I explained that at the start. I am NOT reviewing these albums, just listening to them and writing a few lines about what I think of each. Often, that's really very little. Your album actually got more of a "review" than Gigantic Debaser's, as it happens. I really didn't like your album. At all. I hated the guitars, loathed the vocals and, other than "Glass Teeth", as I mentioned, every song sounded quite similar to me. There was nothing there I could write about, so I didn't.

That's how I do it in this thread. Look at any review. If I like something it may get a longer review, if not then it'll be a line or two. Nobody's singling out your album, as you seem to think, for a really short, bad review. I've written shorter.

Anyway, I'm not here to fight with anyone, so I don't mind keeping your other two suggestions, and who knows? Maybe they'll be great. But if something isn't worth my time here I don't waste that time writing about it. Sorry if you didn't understand the way I operate here in this thread, but now you know. Apologies if you were offended; not intended. But this thread has to run in a certain way or I'll still be here when I'm old(er) and gray(er).