Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #5572 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

It certainly isn't clean. Reign In Blood and South of Heaven are the most well-produced of their albums. Season's production makes it sound like a weak-ass I.N.R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That's basically mentally retarded. I've had my issues with both albums and still do, but Seasons in the Abyss is just the more accomplished form of South of Heaven with the addition of a career retrospectice. If you want to like one over the other then whatever, but if you're going to have some kind of apocalyptic problem with one and not the other then you're probably just a moron. The biggest problem with both is simply that Slayer had fulfilled their potential and was now simply making slower songs people didn't know they'd been capable of. The fact that they succeeded was I'm sure as big a surprise to them as anybody.
I don’t know why you keep comparing seasons with south of heaven. Seasons is hell awaits and Reign In Blood revisited more than any of their other albums, just with the pussification (as you put it) that South of heaven had carried over. I guess it uses the mid-tempo feel of South of Heaven, but the other albums had that too. Anyway Seasons lacks the subdued, gross, doomy sound that South of Heaven had, which is the sole reason I love that album so much. They dropped the doom-y riffs that South Of Heaven had. Araya in particular is at his most generic on seasons. It’s just business as usual, like all their following albums. The title track on Seasons is the only thing on that album that is remotely interesting.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote