Music Banter - View Single Post - Making A New Account, After Your Other One Recieved a Perma Ban
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
EDGE
accidental genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Well, there was a time on MusicBanter, when we had a young lad named THE GOLDEN STRING, he was banned for: making pointless comments, insulting and otherwise.

THE GOLDEN STRING returned before his 2 Week Ban expired under the account PATROH. At first we were all fooled, and believed them to be seperate people. Over time, we realized that they were one in the same.

THE GOLDEN STRING had commited an unthinkable act. He created a new account, after his previous account was banned. In punishment for this act, we banned both of his accounts permanently.

I believe that this was a fair course of action. He deserved what he got. He was banned, yet he defied the mods and returned. Now I have a single question for all of you, and especially you mods:

madeinNY's original account was Hoffa For President. Now, unless I am missing something (which I'm not) the Hoffa account recieved a permanent ban, a rather serious punishment, not to be taken lightly. I know this because I have seen that accounts posts, and still the user tiitle reads "Account Disabled"

But, bye and bye, a month later, madeinNY emerges. Not telling us that she was Hoffa, we were led to belive that she was another person, a seperate one. Why, I ask, is it okay for Hoffa to defy the mods, and create an account after her previous one was banned, and not be punished, but when THE GOLDEN STRING does the EXACT same thing, he recieves a permanent ban on both accounts? Is that justice? You decide.