Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #1426 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks for that Ori. I'll respond now.

The fact that I have Nea on ignore is neither here nor there; Frownland and others can scoff at me for taking offence at "petty" things, but it got so constant and so almost directly personal that I decided I didn't need to be listening to what Nea said any more, and like anyone else annoyed by someone I put him on the Ignore list. If he's prepared to tone down the sarcasm and personal insults then I'll consider lifting that BUT even if I don't, that doesn't actually factor as much into my decision not to include him on the Greenlist as does the fact that he definitely refused to review certain albums here because he didn't like them, and while anyone can do that, they can't then be expected to be allowed to participate fully, as do others who will listen to albums no matter how bad they may be.

As for my own thread, that is of course a completely different matter, and a further example of Nea's attempt to skew things his way. That thread is mine, I am the only one who reviews albums, and I'm reviewing, on average, four or more a day, often much more, so I'm not only entitled to not listen to some in their entireity, but it's actually allowed in the OP. Nevertheless, I don't actually SKIP any (unless they can't be found): and that's the difference. I may hate the idea of reviewing, say, another K-pop album or a CCM one, but I'll go ahead and give it a go. I may not last, but I will try. I don't just avoid albums because I feel I may not like them. To compare the two threads is completely pointless: I've set out my "mission statement" in advance for my thread, and have not deviated from that.

Bottom line: for now, Nea remains on Ignore, but if he can be seen to review the last albums in round three I will consider him for round four, however like anyone else he can be taken off the list if his participation falls off.

Tealdear: Nea remains on Ignore. I don't like the guy. But I'll give him a chance to get on the list, a chance he'll have to live up to.

(Anyone with comments about walls of text can **** off: I needed to explain myself, and I think you'd agree he'd probably want that more than a one-liner)
I am rather shocked by the allegations. I don't remember name-calling. I don't remember trying to insult you personally. I try to make that a rule not to personally insult anyone. So if you feel that way I am rather speechless, because it was never set out to aggravate you or piss you off. This forum gets rough. I get attacked sometimes. I could give some examples myself, but I rather not open old wounds, or go through the minutia of who said what and why it was offensive to me. However that being said, I take that negative experience, eat the misery, and remind myself not to repeat it for anyone else.

I don't want to appear as if I am back pedaling and claiming a slight was a joke either. I feel that is such a cope out when I see other members do that. So regardless of my side of the issue, I do apologize to you for any hard feelings.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote