Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 04:12 PM   #46806 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Today at Thanksgiving my grandfather threw a broom at a peacock.

For some reason my grandparents' next door neighbors have three peacocks that they let wander around the neighborhood, where they proceed to shit all over the place and annoy everyone else. So we're all sitting down eating in the dining room and my aunt looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows points out, "Hey, dad, the peacocks are sitting on your car." So he rushes out with a broom and shoos them away, trying to herd them out of his driveway, but they proceed to lead him in circles on a merry chase all over the front yard.

We're all having a good laugh, glued to the windows, when granddad gets fed up and chucks the broom at the peacocks. We're now in absolute stitches. He wasn't trying to actually hit them, just scare them. One of the funnier things to ever happen at a family meal. Dear god we're white.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote