Music Banter - View Single Post - a long life (no thanks)
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

I rarely post but , hey I will post on this. I personally want to live as long as I can. I enjoy my life. I have been living with / happily married to the true love of my life since I was 18 years old. I am happy. I am happy with my job. I don't plan to work till 65 but if I have to, so be it (because even if you are happy with your job, it still is a job..and not working is always much more fun to me).

Those people you see working at the cash register have different reasons for working there. Some for money. I know I have friends near retirement age who honestly don't know how they will afford to retire or how they will live on their pensions. My parents luckily have retired and will probably never have to worry about money. Are they enjoying retirement? No, to be honest, they are friggin bored. My father pretty much spends his time focused on his diving hobby but is already considering going back to work in some menial job just to work. My mother is considering the same. When you work your whole live and suddenly retire...it can be pretty darned boring to some.

Who are you to judge others about what they choose to do with their lives? If they want to live a few more years, so be it. Focus on your own.

Last edited by Lilja; 11-25-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote