Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Dark Comedy" by Open Mike Eagle
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He's got a point though. Have you ever met a white person?
What if he said Asian or a Jewish? Would you say the same "Have you ever met a ... ?" In my opinion if you say one thing about one group, if you change the group and it sounds racist then it's racist. It walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck. I know the rebuttal by heart, "you can't be racist towards white people" so that why it is just hatred.

Another micro-burst of hatred are the lines where he wants raps about how to kill or maim the Koch brothers.

Quote:
"I'd like to run up on the Koch Brothers
And beat 'em with a garden hose made of old rubber
Give 'em rock bottoms and a cold stone stunner
Drop some cold butter on 'em from the skyscraper (which could kill them)
Pistol whip 'em with the handle of a lightsaber
Cut 'em with rice paper, chuckle like a wiseacre"
The Koch brothers are libertarians. From their perspective they are defending "the principles of a free society." So for that he believes he is justified to beat them with a rubber hose?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote