Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #20598 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Definitely want to see it. And I'm a sappy fool who gets something in his eye quite easily when watching movies. I'll probably be ready to jump in to the TV and fight for Cinderella's honor within the first 5 minutes.

Plus I want to just say that I have seen Maleficent and that I thought it was pretty good. Mostly good visual design, some appealing characters and a few surprising story turns. Much better than I dared hope it would be (I had pretty low expectations).
Honestly the only thing that turned me off of seeing Maleficent was Angelina Jolie, cause of course that should be awful, but if Frown of all people can rec it then I guess Angelina can't have actually ruined it. So sign me up?

But seriously you really should watch Sleeping Beauty. My negative review was really for people who've already seen the movie, which I assumed would be everybody, and therefore it would be a curio, but I'd never try to turn anyone from seeing it. It's a damn good Disney movie that all should see, just not a brilliant Disney movie that all should worship.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote