Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #21401 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmouthGrace View Post
Lynn Castle released one single in 1967 which was produced by Lee Hazlewood - the songs Rose Colored Corner and The Lady Barber. It wasn't until June of this year that the single, along with 10 other demos she made with Jack Nitzsche a year prior, was given a proper release. Took 50 years but I'm glad she lived to see it - she's 78 years old.
^ I like that backstory! I think everyone loves an outsider who comes out of obscurity for their 15 mins of fame. The Lady Barber is a song very much of it's time, imo: curious, but not one I'd ever play much I'm afraid, Grace. Rose Colored Corner worked much better for me.

On the other hand, Plankton's Paul Gilbert post sent me back to a simple blast of teen rebellion that I'm happy to hear again and again:-

"Pick it up, plug it in, Play Guitar!" Hasn't this sentiment been in the heart of a million adolecent boys from Chuck Berry to today!? PG does a great job of catching that irresistable rush of good old rock 'n' roll.