Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Exchange!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #203 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I received the following, and shall review it as I go.

Artist: Veronica Falls
Album: Veronica Falls
Year: 2011
Genre: Indie Pop, Twee Pop, Jangle Pop

Found Love in a Graveyard is a nice start. Somber, a little awkward sounding. Vocally what I expect of twee pop, but not musically. I haven't heard a ton of twee pop, but "dark" is not a word I'd expect to use to describe a twee song. Some nice layered vocals. Right Side of My Brain is cool too, a little more garage-rock than twee, but that works for it. The bass and guitar make some pretty cool transitions in the verses and bridge. The Fountain is likewise vaguely haunting. Some cool start-stops in Bad Feeling. Stephen has some rad wobbly guitars in it. And so on.

I'm trying to pin down who the female singer reminds me of, but I can't figure it out. Lush? Anyways, she's a little beige sounding for my liking, but it doesn't harm the album. On the whole, it's a fun album that isn't obnoxiously upbeat and positive sounding. There aren't really any mind-blowing stand-out tracks, but it's consistently pleasant and interesting. I will definitely keep this with the intention of listening to it again.

Rating: 3 / 5 stars. This is good, this is above average. I pretty much give everything I like a 3 on RYM and then bump it up the more I listen to it.

WHODUNNIT: I'm going to guess that this came from Nea. First, it's something I think he'd like that I think he'd think I'd like (correct) based on our Plug participation, and second, this was recommended despite my failing-to-sign-up and I feel like Nea is the most likely person to include someone who didn't actively participate.

Whoever it is though, thank you! Solid recommendation, you done good!

EDIT: I am including this in my top albums of 2011 and my top albums under 40 minutes. Good stuff.
Love this one. Never bothered with their 2nd one because I love this one so much.
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote