Music Banter - View Single Post - Any good similar song finders out there?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
HUBA
Groupie

Think you have to read my post again. I don't expect any person or radio station to know what I haven't heard. I would have to be quite psychotic to believe in something like that now wouldn't I? Since you don't know me you should avoid making such assumtions based on two forum posts you didn't care to read right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
What is it in a song that you think some software should be listening for in order to give you a new song that you've never heard before?
Nothing. I want suggestions based on matches with other users playlists as I said. Regarding the Madness example, how is any algoritm supposed to know what to suggest based on someone liking the song Our House? If not other songs by Madness or other artists pop hits from the same era, should it suggest other songs about houses? Maybe some house music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
if you place a bunch of tunes in a Spotify playlist and start the playlist radio, you can get similar tunes as well.
Why didn't you just say so right away? Sounds more or less exactly like what I'm looking for
HUBA is offline   Reply With Quote