Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper or Marylin Manson
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:29 AM   #85 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

I wasn't around for it and I guess I never really looked into Alice enough to understand how shocking he was back then. Just going off of the little I've seen and honestly it's probably past his prime. I just know that he hasn't been forgotten though it's only been 20 years. Not that Cooper has been forgotten he's just not as well remembered or as prominent of an influence these days. Might have more to do with Manson probably being much more mainstream and a huge pop star.

For Manson, I think the biggest thing that shocked people was how polarizing he was to his fans. They would start dressing like him and wearing the outlandish clothes and kind of use this as a temporary identity crutch where as I don't think Cooper fans really tried to adopt the persona.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote