Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 05:13 AM   #101 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ This is an absolutely fabulous display of how high-density housing can be visually exciting too. A bit of imagination and the architects have created a very intriguing landscape from simple elements and easy-to-understand principles.

Bits to love about this design:-
i) the blocks stacked on each other feel "right", just as they would to a kid of five.
ii) the proportions of each individual block are satisfying; they are like ghetto blasters on display in a shop window.
iii) in picture #1 you can see between the blocks to the trees beyond.
iv) the little bits of roof terrace in picture #2, and the big, bold plinth that allows one block to oversail the swimming pool.
v) the plan of the site, which shows how a few straight lines, put together right, will turn into a circle.

I like The Interlace so much more than the kind of bizarre geometry that Frank Gehry has made fashionable. His approach seems to be, "We have the technology so let's do it, even if there's no clear structural reason for it."

I'm sure in its way The Bilboa Museum is impressive to see, but all that shiny metal and the weird angles kind of puts me on edge. It reminds me too much of metal off-cuts, which we instinctively avoid touching:-

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post

me
^ Can you PM me your best shots please? Girl-on-girl action, girls and animals, you know, that kind of stuff.......

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 12-08-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: repairs to photo
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote