Music Banter - View Single Post - Wots hot, Wots not?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #72 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
That is why I brought it up. And this post was from 20 minutes ago, not when you first joined.

As for hearing rap that is beyond the mainstream:
Where are you sitting, right now?
What are you sitting if front of?
If the answer to the last question was "Computer" then continue
Does your computer have a keyboard?
Does your computer have a mouse?
Does your computer have an active internet connection?

Use these resources to broaden your musical taste. Trust me, it works. You will find great music that you never thought you would like, or that even existed.
oh i know and thank you for pointing all of these things out hun. and sweetie, because i don't watch tv nor listen to the radio, i doon't know what all the hot bands are... and i have found at least 30 bands in the past 6 months on this comnputer of mine that i adore.. and i found more that i really hate.. i give many types of music a chance. i'm not as big of a noob and you think i am. i choose not to listen to rap because i really don't want to, i don't see a reason to, it doesn't interest me. Its not the lack of intruments or the lyircs.. its the sound, the way rappers rap that bugs me the must.. i prefer singing.. and thats it.

EDIT: it gets rather annoying when every time i post back to you.. i find that you have edited your post and changed and or added more..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
To find good rap check out:
Atmosphere
Immortal Technique
GZA
Nas
Public Enemy
Diabolic
Gangstarr (Guru)
i used to listen to..

puff daddy