Music Banter - View Single Post - Disney vs. Ghibli
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
They're totally different artistic directions, or at least it seems that way from what I've seen. Disney started off as a way to showcase symphonic music with their cartoon shorts, and that's always been a main objective for them. I can't say much about Ghibli, I've never seen one of their movies but I'm aware of them and I've been meaning to watch Spirited for quite some time. I like Disney better just because I've always been a fan and used to watch the shorts of their movies all the time and still do from time to time. I love The Sword In The Stone, Rescuers Aladdin, Toy Story and pretty much all of it in between.

I need to check out some of the Ghibli films though.
Bro, Ghibli is insanely good, and no matter how much I love Disney, the idea of choosing Disney over Ghibli without even watching Ghibli is like someone deciding to choose to womp their pussy cause you got foot-long fingers even though the other guy has a foot-long tongue.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote