Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuff That Is Awesome
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #2301 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I once worked for an engineering firm that had two owners. I walked in one Monday morning to find out that one of the owners had cleaned house. He took everything except what was in the other owners office and went off and started a new company. The only people left out of a dozen or so of us were the other owner, a secretary, and myself. We managed to squeak by for a while, but eventually I went to work for the company we used to rep, which was a major material handling corp.

That was my first real job in my 30 year career. I had been let go a year earlier (I was a problem child) and then rehired the same day my daughter was born. The split happened about 6 months after. Funny thing that day my daughter was born. My mother was in the same hospital for surgery, and I had been going back and forth between her room and my daughters moms room while she was in labor. I also had a serious sinus infection. I grabbed some sinus meds from my Mom, told my daughters mom I'd be right back, went to my old employer, got the job, came back, and then out came my daughter. It really couldn't have been timed any better.

Life is awesome.
Why is this not a Hollywood movie yet?
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote