Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Classics: Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
oh it's not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
I really liked this album. A lot of the songs sound the same, but for that reason I thought it was more consistent since it's a sound that isn't really annoying and it's easy to listen to for the length of the full album. Scream Of The Butterfly was my favorite song, I liked how it was a good change of pace and had this nice mellow vibe to it. This was a good album that I was surprised I liked as much as I did, I could see myself buying this album, and I gave it a 9.
When the Kite String Pops is the definition of an extreme(ish) metal that is far more song-based and not repetitive. It's got plenty of sludge, but mixes it up with stoner, death metal, thrash, alt rock, and all sorts of **** that mixes seamlessly while still making the majority of songs their own thing that means that if you want to hear that sound then you have to listen to that specific song. I mean "Jezebel" has straight up proto-deathcore moments without even realizing that the genre would ever become a thing.

To be honest if this album has one flaw I'd say that the amount of influences can water it down as a sludge album, which isn't really a complaint so much as it is a reason to go to Eyehategod when I just want pure sludge.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote