Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Pantera overrated or not?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
Calling something underrated or overrated is a subjective thing unto itself.
Asking "if the are overrated or not" is comparing your sentiment about the band against everyone else. You are comparing your opinion against other people's opinion. Opinions are subjective, ja. But you don't have to buy into everyone else's opinion.

Just for the heck of it I googled "metal bands 90s" and Pantera was listed 2nd in the returns. They were between Metallica @1 and Slayer @3. Even "Metalsucks" ranks Pantera at #2, between Crazy Town and Korn. The 25 Most Important Metal Bands of the '90s Archives | MetalSucks

In general, against everyother Metal band, they rank up there but not as high as a 90s Metal band. Do you think they should?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote