Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst kind of music?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #97 (permalink)
juicebox
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAiND
Classical takes talent, country takes talent, opera takes major talent....

Emo? its like diet punk, same lyrics, same chords, same whiny voices with petty problems, no thanks
I'll agree with you on the emo front, Max, but I don't think this is a discussion of talent...it's what kind of music you think is the worst.

/rant
IMHO, I really hate R&B. I can deal with rap, I can tolerate some country, I can put up with emo, etc. etc. However, R&B just makes me want to shoot my radio. The theme of every R&B song seems to be the same deal... either girl and guy are in love and showing it graphically, or girl and guy are not in love and are trying to win each other back, or something to that effect.

That's only my number one hate. My number two is emo, based on it's all got the same theme going on as well. I'll give it to you that I like SOME quote "emo" music, such as Saves the Day and some Northstar, but they seem to have some variation. I like the song "Great Romances of the 20th Century" by Taking Back Sunday, but the rest of their **** is terrible.

My number three is country, because singing with an accent is unnacceptable. Singing is my passion, it's a huge part of my life, and singing with an accent is totally unprofessional. That, and their enunciation is crap. Do any of you remember the name of the band who did "You and Me?" I liked one of their songs, not that one, but they were country.

My number four is punk rock. As Max will know (haha, I can't get over that you're on a forum with me!) local punk rock people can't play their instruments, and can't sing, and yet they attempt anyway, making the musical scale want to curl up and die.
/end rant

-All we Want- Truxton
juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote