Music Banter - View Single Post - Genre Ambassadors/Representatives
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

This is a good one. These may not all be my favorites or their best songs, but they're all relatively close in regards to both in my opinion.

Death:

I don't even think this is necessarily Opeth's best song or album, but Still Life's my favorite album and my favorite song off of it is definitely Godhead's Lament. I like the clean part in the middle, it's just kind of awesome how it just sort of mellows out for about a minute with this short, folky sounding verse before it starts to kick back into gear and eventually goes back to being heavy as ****.

Black:

This is a band that defies what it means to be black metal for me. It's not really the most black metal album at all, but they have one of the most original sounds in the genre, and despite them being a lesser known band in the genre, they actually seem to have well-produced albums. Also, how do they pull off mellow black metal so convincingly??

Doom:

Doom was easily the sub-genre I had the most trouble with, probably because I've not really gone too deep into this sub-genre. I really like Sleep though, and this is a good ****in' song off of a great ****in' album.

Power:

I could have picked any number of Judas Priest songs here, they're power metal I think? They've always been one of my favorites, even when I didn't know **** about music. This might not be my favorite song by them, but it's still one of their best.

Classic/Thrash:

Lemmy.

Last edited by Maajo; 12-13-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote