Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock 'n' Roll Resting Places
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yeah, I didn't know that. Didn't know he was buried at sea either.I feel he deserves more than being just a name on a list -
and no mention of his captainship either
EDIT: yeah, perhaps you're right, Psy-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. I was looking up where Rock, Blues, and Jazz musicians were laid to rest.

Blind Willie McTell is buried in Jones Grove Baptist Church Cemetery Thomson, McDuffie County, Georgia, USA
^ That's a coincidence, Neapolitan! I particularly like Blind Willie McTell's headstone, which explains a lot in a few short words. It taught me his real name, and that he was just a 58-year-old youngster when he died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
He was a troubled soul to be sure but the Doors would not have been the same without him (and indeed they weren't).
^ "True dat" as some people say. Jim Morrison's grave must be one of the most famous in the rock pantheon. Something that makes specially sad imo is that the guy was buried so far from home. Pet_Sounds makes a valid point about Jim's poor neighbours, but I rather like all the graffitti and poor taste. Hey, that's rock 'n' roll, man!

.... which is why I also like Phil Lynott's, Trollheart; nothing says "rock fans were here" more than bits of garish junk left lying around - although having said that, those plectrums are a really touching tribute. From other guitarists I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
^This is hillarious; well worth a click.