Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #1229 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Impermanence
Artist: Peter Silberman
Suggested by: Paedentic Basterd
Genre: Slowcore/Dream Pop/Ambient
Nationality: American
Release date: February 24
Position in Discography: Second solo
Fear Factor: Low
Familiar with this artist? No but I've heard The Antlers
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? Yes
Average RYM Score: 3.15
When I racked this up I for some reason expected a jazz album – name just seems like it might be connected to that genre, to say nothing of the album title – but when I realised it was one of the guys from the Antlers I was a lot more relaxed, and as it begins I think I may really like this album. I loved Hospice and Familiars, so I'm hoping this will be more of the same, and so far, yes it is. Very relaxed, very kind of sparse, but the vocal of Silberman transcends everything and just pulls at your attention, refusing to be ignored. Sort of reminds me, maybe, of a more low-key Sufjan Stevens. Yeah, that good. Oh, this is one beautiful album. “Gone Beyond” is one of the loveliest lullabyes I've ever heard. Ever.

Hell, it's almost redundant to reduce this album to its component parts. Songs don't quite matter: this is a benison for the soul, soft, gentle waves of calm washing over you like the sweetest breeze or the lightest surf, leaving you refreshed, slightly shaken and feeling a whole lot better. Not quite Hospice (as if anything could be) but very, very close. Or to put it another way, you got me, Ped: ****ing top notch album.
Check out more from this artist? Oh **** yes
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Expectation Index: 0