Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Murder Ballads" by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

When I was thinking what I wanted to write about this record I decided the main point I wanted to get across is why this record was Cave’s to make. Fortunately, in some of the finest writing I’ve ever seen on MB, Trollheart already did that for us. If you haven’t check out this for genre origins

I was surprised Stagger Lee was listed a song TH liked least. I think it’s the go to track if you were making a mix tape back in the day. Also, even before it came up I was going to mention Boatman’s Call as my personal NC record.

Nocturama is the only NC record that chaps my ass and only because he had no business making Babe, I’m on Fire 15 minutes long.

Sorry that I’m rambling off the subject of this record but for those who maybe haven’t yet explored Nick Cave: It’s essential to go through his discography. From the Birthday Party to the Bad Seeds he’s a crucial reason punk redifined rocknroll and he has aged incredibly well. His brilliance never wanes. He’s one of the most important figures in modern music.

This record is an unassailable five star masterpiece.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote