Music Banter - View Single Post - Exo's Top 50 Albums of 2017 Extravaganza
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Meat Wave
The Incessant

Sometimes you just have to go full on in with a band. Meat Wave may not be the most original or complex band out there but they do what they do well and I'll always have space in my life for a dirty three piece garage punk band. They're from Chicago. They're angsty. They're angry because it's always f*cking cold. It shows in their music. They're short EP Brother first introduced me to them. I love that EP. It's quick and just full of energy. Makes me nostalgic of shows I used to attend in High School in this place called The Meat Locker. Place looks like this...

Every time I hear Meat Wave, I think of The Meat Locker. That's two types of meats baby. I realize this. It just so happens to be that way though. Two meat things.

I digress...

The Incessant isn't their best album. I'm partial to the EP I've mentioned and their last album Delusion Moon but that doesn't mean they don't get a place on my f*cking list. Songs like Glass Teeth and the super short but f*cking awesome Mask are what this band is about. Bursts of energy and fuzzy distorted guitar with simple but rhythmic drumming. They have some slower songs which almost sound like a Pile track but they're from Boston and these guys are from F*CKING CHICAGO. F*CK IT'S COLD.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote