Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #1260 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Bloodlust
Artist: Body Count
Genre: Thrash Metal/ Groove Metal/ Rap Metal/ Crossover Thrash
Nationality: American
Release date: March 31
Position in Discography: Sixth
Fear Factor: Moderate
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.18
Rap metal? Well, **** it: it's still just what I need to clear Bob Dylan's cloying sentimental drivel out of my ears. Jesus that was such an ordeal. Good start to this anyway as “Civil War” features Dave Mustaine and rocks along with some great energy and anger. Holy ****! Ice T on vocals? Wow. “This is Why We Ride” is a totally epic track. Love the atmospheric guitar in this. Could rap metal be for me? Who woulda thought? “All Love is Lost” drips with smouldering anger and rage, and hits like a mother****er. It also features the other Cavalera brother. A cover of “Raining Blood”? Cool and getting cooler as it goes along. You know, I don't think there's going to be anything here I don't love, and that tag could end up being stuck on after the review. The perfect synthesis of hip-hop and metal? No? Sure sounds like it to me.

Lamb of God's Randy Blythe guests on “Walk With Me”, which sounds kind of like seventies Trust to me, not that anyone would know who they are. Mad, mad, MAD guitar solo here! Recalling Maiden's “Killers” then in “Here I Go Again”, real creeping menace to this track, with attendant screams and jangly guitar like something out of a horror/suspense movie. The vocal reaches levels of true mania and insanity here, really effective. “No Lives Matter” is another powerful killer track, and like I say, I can't hear anything here I don't love. This album is, to be very technical about it, the ****.

Check out more from this artist? Oh **** yes!
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? I will, yes

Expectation Index: 10