Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam listens to your recs
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #86 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggleMonster View Post

This is the song I think you should check out. The rest of the album is good too. Self Titled album.
Very mellow. I kinda liked the bass, but otherwise, I have to say I wasn't very into it. It sounds a bit too much like various things going on in contemporary pop that I'm not a big fan of. The dude's voice especially isn't exactly working wonders for mey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Oh hey here. Have an ICP track that isn't a goofy artifact from the early 2000s when they were starting to make the whole sound into a bank account for taking money from juggalos. For some reason this is one of my absolute fav tracks that juggalos never seem to mention. In a lot of ways it's kind of the ultimate ICP song.

The music sometimes reminded me of this old Apogee shareware game that I used to play on my old DOS computer. It was called Halloween Harry (known as Alien Carnage or something elsewhere).

There's some fun details in the music, I'll give them that. If you removed the rapping (which I'm not too fond of here, I must say), you could have some pretty good video game music. I'd like to jump some platforms and blast some aliens while listening to this sans the vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You clearly asked the right person.

EDIT by MicShazam: Video overload! So I'm cutting these 4 tracks:

"Let 'em Talk"
"Rainbow"
"Hunt You Down"
"Boogie Feet"

You can find Batlord's OP on page 8 if you want the video links.
Kesha time!

"Let 'em Talk"
Probably the closest I've been to liking a Kesha song so far. It's pretty energetic and her vocals are definitely not boring.
I wouldn't say that I'm really feeling it 100%, but it's a better pop tune than most of what they play on the radio these days.

"Rainbow"
Sorry, I'm bored to death here. Even when I do sort of like the music of some popstar, I still tend to skip the power ballads.

"Hunt You Down"
I'm no fan of country and not the biggest fan of pop, so when the two collide, that's bound to be a match made in heaven?
No, I don't like this song. It isn't awful, so that's something.

"Boogie Feet"
I think she should stick to punchy pop tunes. That's what she does best and it's what seems like the easy fit for her vocal style and ability.
This one is ok. It's got some spark, but I really do like "Let 'em Talk" better.

Overall ... her image as a low rent, trashy pop star is probably undeserved at this point. I'd probably rather listen to these than the music of Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Swift, the Chainsmokers (awful, awful group) and several other currently big pop names. But I'm not really feeling it.
I'm ridiculously picky when it comes to pop, I'll admit that right away.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote