Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam listens to your recs
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
The music sometimes reminded me of this old Apogee shareware game that I used to play on my old DOS computer. It was called Halloween Harry (known as Alien Carnage or something elsewhere).

There's some fun details in the music, I'll give them that. If you removed the rapping (which I'm not too fond of here, I must say), you could have some pretty good video game music. I'd like to jump some platforms and blast some aliens while listening to this sans the vocals.
Kinda want to play that game tbh. I'll give one more shot before giving up with a more old school track from when they were grimier and more hip hop. If you can't really dig any of the styles you've heard up till now and this then it's probably a lost cause. Or at least you just need to get more shoved down your throat till you come around despite your best judgement like what happened with me, but since you don't hang with juggalos I don't see that happening. In any case I can quote this song almost word for word and it's just massive fun. From my fav hip hop album.

Quote:
Kesha time!

"Let 'em Talk"
Probably the closest I've been to liking a Kesha song so far. It's pretty energetic and her vocals are definitely not boring.
I wouldn't say that I'm really feeling it 100%, but it's a better pop tune than most of what they play on the radio these days.

"Rainbow"
Sorry, I'm bored to death here. Even when I do sort of like the music of some popstar, I still tend to skip the power ballads.

"Hunt You Down"
I'm no fan of country and not the biggest fan of pop, so when the two collide, that's bound to be a match made in heaven?
No, I don't like this song. It isn't awful, so that's something.

"Boogie Feet"
I think she should stick to punchy pop tunes. That's what she does best and it's what seems like the easy fit for her vocal style and ability.
This one is ok. It's got some spark, but I really do like "Let 'em Talk" better.

Overall ... her image as a low rent, trashy pop star is probably undeserved at this point. I'd probably rather listen to these than the music of Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Swift, the Chainsmokers (awful, awful group) and several other currently big pop names. But I'm not really feeling it.
I'm ridiculously picky when it comes to pop, I'll admit that right away.
So her last album isn't up to your standards. There will be time to shove more down your throat.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote