Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #1276 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Good Evening
Artist: Deorro
Genre: Electronic
Nationality: American
Release date: March 31
Position in Discography: Debut
Fear Factor: Moderate
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.50
There are like twenty-six tracks on this album, but luckily many of them are a minute or less, so it may not be as much of a slog as I had originally expected. Quite nice actually when it starts off. But it becomes hard to judge the tracks, since most are so short. Seems to be some female vocals here, though the artist is male. Some really annoying high-pitched vocals all but ruin “Feeling Pretty Good” which has a nice seventies soul feel to it, but “Bomba” is just an annoying mess. Generally speaking, I don't think I like this album. It's hard to follow, and the songs that are over three minutes – which are, as mentioned, few and far between – are not that great anyway. “Honest Man” is the first track I actually like, and it's track eighteen. And then we're back to the rubbish. If this was a normal album I'd be bailing now, but as there are only six tracks left and some of them are very short I'll endure it to the end, so I can rate it. It will not be a high rating.

Check out more from this artist? No way
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? If I can avoid this kind of thing, I will

Expectation Index: 0