Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Aerosmith(1973-1977) or classic Rolling Stones(1966-1973)?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #64 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Boy View Post
Can you explain me how GFR suck?
It's the Successful Backwards Principle. You take any band that was on top in their day and hate their guts. Take any band no one ever heard before and love them to death. See if you were a success like The Beatles or Led Zeppelin then you are plain horrible. You tricked a whole generation into believing your music was good and the hipsters are not going to take it any more. Grand Funk Rail Railroad or ELP were highly successful, so by decree of those who subscribe to the Successful Backwards Principle they suck. It has nothing to do with music in any objective way. It's about disregarding past opinions. Elvis was one of the greatest singers of the 20th century. No one will mention him. Take a singer who can't sing a lick and people trip over themselves saying how great he is. If you don't learn what is up is down and what is left is right you will always be confused about what direction hipsters are going.
... and that is why GFR sucks.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote