Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Genre Gateway Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #186 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

The results are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Let's find you some more ICP.

I could get down with the clown on this track. It was pretty fun, if a little derivative. Good chorus, catchy. They totally ripped off the melody though.
Quote:
This one was ****. Just terrible.
Quote:
Your video didn't work. However, knowing you'd just call me a pussy, I found one that did. I wish I hadn't. This was worse than "Mad Professor". Just awful.
Quote:
This one I enjoyed, though they used this theme of a dead girl already on the album I listened to, so it was a bit yeah, so what? I did like the melody though.
Quote:
This was probably my favourite. I really liked this one.

And now, a Wall of Text Production from Trollheart Studios. Read or ignore, I don't mind, but it's germane to the issue.

The thing about ICP is this: when you first "forced" me to listen to Riddle Box in the Torture Chamber, I was expecting a horrible experience. Everyone on the forum had been unanimous, almost, in their dismissal of these guys, and some went so far as to say they were the worst band ever. So when I listened, and it wasn't that bad, I was surprised. As, it seems, you have never or seldom got this reaction from anyone here, you seem to have taken that as approval from me for ICP.

It's not.

See, the thing about ICP, from what I can see, is that they're like a big sticky meringue. Lovely and sweet and bad for you, but ultimately hollow and if you eat too many you get sick. ICP seem to be flogging the same basic joke all through everything I've heard from you. It's funny the first few times, but after a while you need more. They're a one-trick pony. A novelty act. And the joke wears really thin really fast.

So while I'm not saying I hate them, and I'm not saying I wouldn't listen to more of them IF I ASK, I don't want to get into them and I'm not a fan. There's so much more that I've already discovered in hip-hop alone, why would I want to keep listening to guys who think they're so funny when really they're not, or so hard when they're just boasting like overgrown children? It's a waste of my time.

So in conclusion, no more ICP unless I ask you for some, which is kind of unlikely at this moment.

This concludes this Wall of Text. Thanks for reading. If you did. If not, **** you homey!