Music Banter - View Single Post - Shabazz Palaces
Thread: Shabazz Palaces
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Going through Moor Mother’s releases on BandCamp I hope she keeps doing what she’s doing.

Two things I’d rather see her not do is get friendlier production or go more poetry slam.
Depends on how you define friendly production. Tracks like By the Light go hard but stick to a conventional DG industrial hip hop vibe, so if she followed that familiar sound I'd be down with it, but if you mean blindly clinging to trends then yes. Funny how that would have been considered ironic 2 or 3 years ago. As per slam poetry, I agree but only in the sense of delivery. Her politics are interesting enough to serve as song material and if it comes from a genuine and personal place it can be great.

Quote:
I’m not forgetting that you introduced me to Moor Mother

I don’t know I’m sort of ****ed up now

I like Moor Mother best of all the hip hop that’s new to me from at least the last 5 years
That's respectable but I do separate MM and SP quite a bit even though they're both modern hip hop artists, but I have to say that Shabazz is more of a game changer. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but still: if you like hip hop at all and haven't spent much time with Shabazz Palaces then you should definitely rectify that.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote