Music Banter - View Single Post - Competitive League of Legends
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #506 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Oh yes, fully agree.
I tried many MMOs over the years, mostly the free ones .. and only after I spent like 25$ on Elder Scrolls Online, I realized this initial paywall is crucial in keeping these psychotic people away. In something like Lineage 2 or Silk Road (long ago), the amount of player killing, trolling, begging, people running around with hitler in their avatars etc - it was unbearable. In Eso.. I spent like 250 hours in total playing it and I ONLY met helpful people. No one tried to scam me
I remember I once tried playing UO, had no idea what I was doing, figured I'd have to level up so I tried attacking some .. deer, I think, with a stick... some players came, told me "Please sir, don't attack the animals", and when I responded with "What am I supposed to do to level up then ? Can you help?" they took me to the center of the nearest town. We met their friends there and they spend 2 hours giving me items - items that did nothing, but had different colors. They made me wear them, change on request.. I felt like some weird, fetish sex slave Eventually I told them to **** off and went on to continue assaulting deer with my stick, for which I was banned
If that aint toxic behavior, I don't know what is!
That's awful.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote