Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #1327 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Album title: Painting Pictures
Artist: Kodak Black
Genre: Hip-hop
Nationality: American
Release date: March 31
Position in Discography: Debut
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 2.58

Decent enough; suffers from the usual “this is my debut and here are my friends to help me out” syndrome though, with Future, Bun B, Young Thug, Jeezy and others all poking their noses in on various tracks. “Up in Here” has a nice trap sound to it, as does “U Ain't Never” but I have to say I'm losing interest as we hit track eight of, um, eighteen. This needs to liven up and get a lot better or I'll be pushing the button. “Conscience” is better, but is that because of the input from Future? Okay well “Tunnel Vision” has something different, with a nice acoustic guitar line and what sounds like flutes. I don't know though: I know most of this is laidback trap, but I think I'd like to hear him get angry, spit a little, kick up the tempo. I'm not sure eighteen tracks of this is enough to hold my interest.

Thirteen tracks in now. I guess I won't bail for the sake of five tracks, but this has really not got any better at this point and I'm just kind of sweating it out to the end now. Very generic, very boring, nothing new to add and no real reason I can see why this guy should end up making a name for himself, if he does.

Check out more from this artist?No
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating:
Two of kodak black songs made my top 100 songs this year :/ not a fan of the artist but i liked the cover artwork because I like to paint. Album had a lot of nice beats i thought. Dont like the tunnel vision video or that song but its catchy.

Last edited by Mindfulness; 12-21-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote