Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #396 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Dammit, picking holes again but anyway...

The problem I see with this (assuming this is the whole thing) is that it goes nowhere and does nothing. It's kind of maybe trippy on one level, but it's completely, to me, anyway, unsatisfactory. It establishes nothing, leaves you with questions that are not only not answered (which is not always a problem in writing) but others that aren't even asked. It's just basically a few clever lines and ideas jammed together in the hope it will become a story and (again, allowing for the above caveat) it never really does.
It wasn't really supposed to. It was something I jotted together when I was down.

But there you go. You've established that you're not really into avant-garde writing (or garbled junk in my case ) and that's okay.

Look, I'm not going to become the next Truman Capote (that would be Pet Sounds ), but I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable in my own skin. Anyway, I'm really here for the music.

Your critiques are brutal, Troll, but you're still a great writer.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote