Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands similar to Brand New but who arent pedophiles
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
The allegation in question was made by a woman who was then 14 when the "relationship" began. He'd send her dick pics, ask for nudes, and jerk off on skype. The relationship continued for a number of years and she believed he was in love with her, but he was actually just a massive cunt. A decade later she decided she regretted the whole thing and came out with the story. All of the allegations that followed, to my knowledge, have been along the lines of "I met him once and he seemed like a creep", but actually cited no crimes committed apart from being a jerk.

In the wake of this massive global polarization that's occurring, people have lost sight of the difference between non-consent and regret, and honestly, that's what this looks like to me. She consented to the relationship well past the magical age of consent that everyone is hung up on in this story.

I've done **** I've regretted at literally every age I've ever been and have never tried to take any recourse, nor has a magical adulthood fairy come down from the sky and granted me the wisdom to make good choices in life. I'm not saying he isn't a bastard, I'm just saying that I think people are outraged by the wrong aspects of this story and that I'm getting sick of rumours and stories being equated to facts before a fair and unbiased evaluation of the information.
This is exactly how I feel with the whole sexual harassment issue going on.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote