Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #9740 (permalink)
Key

Yooka Laylee

Picked this up during the winter Steam sale and boy was I wrong in thinking that the people that hated this game were actually right. Obviously this is not a perfect spiritual successor to the Banjo Kazooie era of collectathon / 3D playformers, but man it's still quite good. I've been having a blast playing it and I'm still only on the first world. And that's because not only do the worlds start off pretty large, they get even larger as you progress through the game. The collectathon aspect is not crazy either. You always get something in return for going somewhere in the world. It's definitely not as dense or immaculate as a lot of other games out there right now, but if you're just looking for a casual throwback to Banjo Kazooie era video games, Yooka Laylee certainly does that. I'm mostly upset with myself for letting the negative side of things deter from playing this game. Yeah the game has faults and yeah it may be a bit on the easy side, but I'm really only looking for a fun game to play when I don't have much else to play and this certainly piques my interest in that way. It's nowhere near perfect but it's not the worst game out there.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote