Music Banter - View Single Post - Your top 5 worst rocknroll moments
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 07:41 PM   #73 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yeah. As a college kid I saw the difference between touring bands and local bands. Touring bands were generally very serious and businesslike off stage. I know there are exceptions but I thought to myself like what’s the point of not having a job if you treat it like a job. Thus, local jerkoffs and “working” musicians.

I understand that The Clash were serious and out to get paid but I think you’re overstating their lack of sincerity.
I think they believed in what they said but not to the extent that they'd ever let it get in the way of their career. And if they did it's probably because they didn't think it was getting in the way or they thought that taking the high road was the True Path to their musical career. But if they'd ever have gotten as big as U2 then they'd probably have just become U2.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote