Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #20745 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Here are the last three.

Ricky and the Flash. Terrible film, and not even in a fun "so bad it's entertaining" way. It was just a poor story with 0 stakes and practically no conflict throughout. It wasn't long enough to be truly boring, but it was very flat. The 10 minutes of Sebastian Stan screentime didn't even do anything for me.

Hidden Figures. This was pretty good, but also pretty typical as based-on-a-true-stories go. I wish Janelle Monae's story had seen a little more screentime--hated seeing that cut short because I thought her story was the most compelling and empowering of the three.

Tomb Raider. It was on TV. What a spectacularly bad movie. Daniel Craig's interpretation of an American accent is absolutely hilarious. What was it about this that sucked so much, where comparable films (The Mummy, Indiana Jones) succeeded? Was it the general lack of personality of Lara Croft? The absence of lovable supporting characters for her to interact with? The poorly-explained, supernatural plot devices? Apparently this film was a huge success when it first came out, but **** me it has not aged well in any respect.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote