Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #664 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
BTW Jeff Loebs' early issues of Superman/Batman are fantastic. Superman and Batman dethroning President of the United States Lex Luthor is amazing and the reintroduction of Supergirl after almost two decades of her being dead is the ****. And yeah Supergirl being dead and then not being dead is complex as **** cause DC continuity is a cluster****. Just read this **** though.

Superman - Batman #1 - 87 + Annual (2003-2011) – GetComics

You know... halfway through issue 13, the last issue reintroducing Supergirl, I legitimately started crying. That **** was heavy and meaningful and everything I wanted from comics. Then Jeff Loeb showed me exactly why he's been revered throughout the 90s.

And why he's been despised ever since. Oh my ****ing god within a single page you just took one of the most emotional sequences I've read in all of comics and took a giant dump on it. I can't even reread this issue because I'll know what's coming and know that every brilliant emotional moment you built up meant absolutely nothing. **** you, **** your mother, but **** you most of all for having no vision.

*spoiler* But I will always remember the second death of Kara Zor-El and what it meant to Superman and how NOTHING after it existed as far as I'm concerned cause **** Jeff Loeb.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote