Music Banter - View Single Post - You Know What Grinds My Gears?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 05:39 AM   #679 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No, you just need to get the hell out of Salt Lake City. When someone calls you "honey" they are not referring to you as an equal. If your grandmother does it she's treating you as her grandson, which is naturally not equal, but if a little ol' lady you never met does it she's being a presumptuous little grandmother and just assuming that it's cool. But nobody really worries about the elderly because there's just an assumption of deference.

When random redneck asshat presumes that kind of familiarity with a woman he has never met, he may not be consciously condescending to her, but he is most certainly not thinking of her as a true equal. She's not his daughter, not his wife, not his little sister, so why should he assume that it's okay to refer to a female stranger with a condescending nickname, especially when he probably wouldn't call me "son"? Probably because he's got a mind set which casually assumes a level of deference between men and women.
Assumptions again. Who would of thought the dude with a collection of Hitler pictures to use for his avatar would be triggered by a harmless word because, just like many other words that you aren't getting upset about, it could be used to imply inferiority? Especially as often as you call people ***gots. That slur has literally no context issue and is flat out used to degrade gay people but you use it more than mindfulness uses gifs yet this is where you think it goes too far? **** out of here with this stupid ass ****. Is youngster or kid now hateful because it's used to condescend younger people? Like damn, IDK maybe you're right. Maybe I should be worried about the guy who called Sally honey while working the drive through and not the dude who was actively showing his appreciation of Nazi music. That chauvinist pig. And you're actually gonna pretend that you don't say **** that has never been degrading to women at all. Nah, this is just stupid.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote