Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 04:10 AM   #8894 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Whenever I hear stories of cops or soldiers getting killed, I normally have ZERO sympathy. With all of the crooked cops and the war machine that is the military industrial complex, they usually have it coming.

County Sheriff's are the only "law enforcement" officers that are directly elected by the public, so they usually get a bit of a pass in my book [EDIT: not a pass to break the law, but more sympathy I mean]
I think it is, by it's nature, a very difficult thing to consider what to feel about the police and the military. At least if you're being realistic about it.

On one hand, cops and soldiers do actually keep us safe. That is not up for debate. On the other hand, you also know that most cops and soldiers are going to serve their government, no matter if it asks them to do good or "evil". The police and the military are not inherently a moral entity. They are merely lackeys that will do good if commanded to do so, but also the opposite with equal conviction.

Then there's abuses of power and such, but that's peanuts in the big picture (which sounds like I don't think it matters, but that is not the case).
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote