Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "SLK" by Stam1na
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Stam1na- SLK (2014)

Best Tracks: Rautasorkka, Heikko Ehka, Kolmen Minuuten Hiljaisuus ( I hope I’m spelling these right)

Weakest Tracks: Dynamo, Usko Pois

First of all, you have to tell me what language this is in. Fortunately, I’m not who studies the lyrics much when I’m doing a review.

You surprise me here, Mic. You didn’t strike me as much of a metal person. I’m not really a metal person either, but like you it seems, a few metal albums may sneak in for me once in a while. And I can see why you went with this one. It kind of has a eighties vibe, kind of like Iron Maiden for want of a comparison.

I like this album. It drives like a turbo engine. I did my usual best and weakest tracks but the truth is, this album is remarkably consistent. Usko Pois is really not that much of a step down from Rautasorkka for example. Kolmen is a nice instrumental and maybe my favorite track on the album. The title track starts off a bit choppy but I love the dramatic ending. I think you chose well here, Mic.

It might have been better in English, but no matter. I’m checking Love It and giving you an eight. It’s a big jump from the last review I gave you.

8/10 (the Word has spoken )

PS- I just discovered that they won an award in Finland, so I can assume these guys are Finnish?
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote