Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #314 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

That Mourinho rant in full....

Interrupting interviewer Geoff Shreeves even before he had been asked a question, Mourinho demanded: “Are you going to show that [Del Horno's sending off] 200 times each day and try to persuade UEFA to repeat the game? Because the game should be eleven against eleven and try to persuade UEFA that [there should be] no suspension for Del Horno?”

Apparently still fuming that the station repeatedly aired Michael Essien's horror tackle on Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann in the group stages, and that Essien was later punished by UEFA, Mourinho continued to ask: “Can you do this for us? In the same way that you did with Essien against Liverpool?”

“I hope you can be fair. I hope you can be at the level of prestige that a big channel like Sky is and you can do this for us.”

With his side reduced to ten men with barely 40 minutes of the tie played, Mourinho refused to discuss the rest of the match.

“I do not think we can speak about the game because the game is not a game. I don’t have the English words for that...it was a pure game until the sending off. After that it was not a pure game.”

In the build-up to the tie, Mourinho had reportedly warned his players of Barca’s propensity for ‘dirty tricks’ and accused youngster Messi of duping the referee in a bid to have Del Horno dismissed.

“Of course it is not a red card. The kid is not just a very good football player - the way he jumps, he provokes the contact with Del Horno and because of that the referee gave a red card. The boy, when he sees him come, jumps on him, and after that is rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling.”

Oh and Chelsea`s chairman thinks they 'DESERVE' to win the champions league....

"It's a funny word to use," he told Sky Sports News. "But I think we deserve a European championship.

"If it doesn't happen this year, I'm virtually certain it will happen within the next few years.

I think i`ve changed my mind

C`MON BARCELONA

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote