Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #8962 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Say someone is paying you to build them a house. They ask you to build a rape dungeon with murals of little kids getting fucked and puppies and kittens getting tortured.

By your standards, you have no right to say no to them.
You sort of don't though, because then you're judging someone by your own moral standards, and for all you know, this could be getting built for, say, a documentary, film or other innocent purpose. And even if it isn't, if that was a valid reason for refusing, what would happen to all the poor dominatrixes in America and elsewhere? Should they have to build their own dungeons?
Quote:
I say yes. The law says no. And froundland says whatever the law says.
Quote:
No, again, my argument is that you don't have the right to someone else's labor. I don't know how I can make that any more clear.

In this case, the doctor would have most likely signed a contract with his employer, stating that he he cannot refuse service, so this is a moot point.

If you sign a contract to do something and then break that contract, then you should be fired.
Quote:
I'm not saying that he SHOULD refuse, I'm saying that he should have the RIGHT to refuse.
You have heard of the Hippocratic Oath, I assume?