Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #1457 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Arca
Artist: Arca
Genre: Electronic/Experimental
Nationality: Venezuelan
Release date: April 7
Position in Discography: Third
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.31
There's certainly a lot of feedback on this first song, which does lend it a certain atmosphere but also annoys my ears, but it seems to settle down fairly quickly. The vocals are all in Spanish, so I can't tell you anything about them, but I kind of get the feeling that his voice is being used as just another medium through which to express his music. It's pretty ethereal mostly, though I think his music might be an acquired taste. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it, but I think it's a little hard to get too excited about it on just the one listen. May come back to this at some point. Some very nice soundscapes in there, some good ideas, but it's hard to take it all in at once. On one song, “Couraje”, he seems to be making cat noises. “Whip” on the other hand is, well, the sound of multiples whips. Indeed. Lots to take in, for sure, and a bit too much for one meal, but could provide some serious sustenance once the taste was acquired.

Check out more from this artist? No, but I might listen to this again
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: