Music Banter - View Single Post - In Case You Forgot About Fun: 100 Pop Albums You Should Probably DL
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa (2017)

Tracklist:

Genesis
Lost in Your Light
Hotter Than Hell
Be the One
IDGAF
Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
Garden
No Goodbyes
Thinkin' Bout You
New Rules
Begging
Homesick

Spoiler for Choice Cuts:

Summary

If I had to guess, the first Dua Lipa track I heard was Blow Your Mind (Mwah) on whatever radio station I was listening to at work. I remember thinking I had no idea who made the song but it was kinda neat. Eventually, New Rules came out and I thought it was also a bit of a banger. But I just sat on it, random pop that wasn't of much interest beyond stuff I heard at work. This was late 2016/early 2017, but towards the end of last year I suddenly became drawn to her as an artist. I honestly could not tell you exactly why but damn I became hooked.

The album itself is quite interesting. Some nice ballads, synthpop, dance and R&B that has a good flow throughout. The first big tune is Hotter Than Hell, which showcases her pretty good voice. She ain't no superstar vocalist or anything, but I think for the style of music and the assumptions one may make based on her persona she can belt some shit. IDGAF is probably the only properly bad/boring track on here in my opinion. And I was surprised to see how late New Rules turns up on here because usually pop records just have the best tracks at the start, but there seems to be some thought in the track listing. It's a good album for sure, with noticeable highs and lows.

Bip Score:

Spoiler for Extra Curricular:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote