Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #47303 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

She's in Tuscon, AZ staying with her brother who has a big house and free room and board. She took the cat and our dog Cali. Mojo is here with me and Mike. No hitting, no cheating, no third parties.

TL;DR - It's complicated

Two years ago our worlds got completely turned inside out. For the previous 18 years we'd worked at the same company with a bunch of people who we'd known the entire time. Attended weddings, watched each other's kids grow up, leaned on each other when times got rough, basically it was more like family than work.

Then BAM! It's all gone. Linda went from a cushy desk job making over $26 an hour to only being able to find a part time retail job busting her ass for minimum wage. And my salary has been cut by about 40%. We went from a nice sweet ride into the sunset of retirement to having to drain our savings every month just to make ends meet. Note: It's ****ing hard trying to find decent employment when you are in your mid 50s.

On top of that she's deep in the depths of menopause. Trust me, it's as ****ed up as you read about. Her emotions are all over the place. About 18 months ago I had a nervous breakdown over everything. I think she's in the midst of one now and just needed to run away for a while and her brother is providing a safe haven for the time being.

She'll be back. It's just a matter of time. My job is to give her all the space she needs right now and not to put even an ounce of pressure on her. I'm very close with her brother and he's let me know she's ok. He's in an uncomfortable situation so I'm not going to lean on him in any way either.

Hopefully, time heals all.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote