Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #47307 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Hopefully, time heals all.
Yes, life after 50 is a little strange. Especially if what you've worked for your whole life crumbles before you. I can relate to what your wife is going through though. The regrets, the what-if's, all the things that have been sacrificed come flooding in at the most inconvenient times. It makes a person want to start over. Start from a clean slate with none of the baggage that has built up. The thing is, that baggage is us. We are what we've lived, and no matter how hard we try to escape it, it's like our shadow and it's not going anywhere. Your wife Linda just has to come to terms with it all, and hopefully find some sort of meaning that will provide a renewed purpose. Whether that purpose includes reliving old habits and reentering the same ruts that inevitably caused the breakdown is yet to be seen. There's probably a lot more to the story than what's on the surface here. I don't know, there's a whole slew of issues that eventually pull apart relationships that could be at work here. I can only say that I hope the best for you and everyone involved.